Bill Harris Dealerships is looking for the BEST GM Certified Service Technician. This person will be well-paid. We are a growing shop looking for someone with a proven track record of turning wrenches quickly and accurately. Our technicians earn minimally 40 hours per week. We offer a tiered compensation system -- the more hours your turn, the higher your hourly wage will be.
Benefits include a lucrative compensation plan, paid time off, paid holidays, flexible time off, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, supplemental), retirement plan, free uniforms (we will pay to launder them), free use of the shop for personal vehicles, employee vehicle purchase program, employee pricing on parts.
Service Technician Duties:
- Diagnose and repair automotive systems including engines, steering, brakes, suspension, transmission, air conditioning, etc.
- Correctly troubleshoot customer concerns using the latest administrative and technical tools provided.
- Ensure that common courtesy is shown toward all customers you come into contact with.
- While in the vicinity of the Service Drive, act as a secondary customer greeter to customers that have not yet been acknowledged.
- Make every reasonable effort to ensure safe and honorable vehicle service is delivered as promised the first time.
- Address all original customer concerns before moving on to additional sales.
- Inspect every vehicle for additional sales opportunities ensuring that the vehicle is being maintained to dealership and factory recommendation.
- Ensure the customers vehicle is returned as clean, or cleaner than when it arrived.
- Participate in any manufacturer or in-house sponsored training programs offered to you.
- Complete all repair orders completely and correctly.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Service Manager.
- Always come to work on time, ready to work, and in a clean uniform.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience in performing warranty and non-warranty inspections, diagnostic, maintenance, and repair service on GM or FCA makes and models.
- Proven track record of achieving or over-achieving goals.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Valid State drivers license and good driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have technical aptitude displayed by ASE certification
- Technical or trade school degree preferred
⭐ Want to put your best foot forward? Follow these tips.
- Include an updated resume (PDF or Word doc) when submitting your application.
- Be sure to answer the questionnaire within the application.
- Check out our Core Values. These are important to us, and will be important to you if you join our team!
Its Time To Make The Most Important Move Of Your Career!
When you join our company, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Really Like To Hear From You!
Apply By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button